Friday, November 21, 2008

Procrastinate, Anticipate, Appreciate . . . .


Procrastinate – to put off, delay, postpone . . . . this is NOT a good thing, especially when your TO DO list is getting longer every day. I know this is one of my personality traits – I always pack either the night before or the morning of. To say I work best under pressure is an understatement – and the pressure is on! It's not pretty!

Kipper had his orthorpedic surgery yesterday, and will spend the next three months recovering. We are going to miss him . . . but he will have to stay behind. Right now he’s hobbling around with a lampshade around his neck – still a wee bit dopey I would think.

Arturo and Phil made it to the Phoenix area in 3 days of driving, driving, driving. I am reminded of why I stayed behind for an extra week. If I was totally truthful, I am relieved not to have spent 14 – 16 hrs. a day on the road – pee breaks (few) and fast food stops just don’t make for happy travelling in my books. And I'm not sure, but I think after all that driving, Saskatchewan Drinks (aka Rye and coke) seem to have a bit more of a kick - or maybe you just need lots of them. Anyway, Arturo has it all under control and is waiting for his espousa to arrive – and then the adventure will really begin.

Anticipate – expect, look forward to, be hopeful of . . . . this IS a good thing.

Appreciate - be grateful for, be thankful for, be glad about . . . . we appreciate that we have the opportunity to take this time.


Will be in touch

Arturo y de Beeb

No comments: